Sunday, January 28, 2007

Cycling my way to Work

One fine day the sudden feeling of going for cycling made me touch my cycle after a gap of 5 years.

The inspiration was my cousin who had cycled his way to Mysore from Bangalore. His sheer stamina and strength had got me all thinking about cycling as a mode of exercise.

I tried to pull out little time for myself when i can spend cycling. At the beginning it was such pain to take out even half an hour out from my schedule. I always make sure I don't keep any free time doing nothing. I have always felt 24 hours a day is not sufficient to live life. So apart from 8 hours of sleep, I have always kept myself busy the whole day.

Some how i managed to take out 30 mins of my time everyday from 8:30 in the evening. See guys I am not boasting by saying i am busy, I just said, I keep myself busy, by choice you see.

The first day at cycling was soo damn tiring. It feels like your legs have been chained. It feels like you have been nailed to the cross. It feels like the worlds burden is only on you.

People say, "The pain will be more evident when you get up the next day." What the hell do people mean when they say it will be more evident the next day? I am already feeling like dead, how the hell will it be tomorrow?

Days went on, a week later, I decided to go to work by cycle. My work place is 15 Kms away.

So 15 Kms by CYCLE? Yes I have decided to do that. I will do it. I will do it. So that thursday (25th Jan, 2006) I had left home at 7:15 in the morning and had reached office at 8:30.

Hahaha... Travel to work in 2 wheeler takes 45 mins in peak hour and one could travel the same distance by cycle in just 30 additional minutes.

So its not just about traveling by cycle and improving my health. I feel its a kinda social service.

So to tell each one of you, I have started my work at SOCIAL SERVICE.

No comments: